Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Those stupid, annoying little online tests

I'm getting annoyed at these stupid little tests I keep having to take. You know - the ones where you have to copy text from images in order to see pages that bots aren't supposed to crawl. *Especially* when I have to fill them out more than once (is that an S or a 5? Does case matter? (generally doesn't, but my brain doesn't think that way)) Maybe I could outsource filling them out to the Mechanical Turk... (beta, naturally). What happened to the good old days, when you could just click around the web? As a for instance, check out Zillow - a cool new (beta, naturally) site which drops the privacy drawers on your home ownership. Yeah, this information's always been public, but seeing it like this seems somehow more public. Oh yeah - I connected AdSense to my blog. Partly cause I want to see what it does with my posts, and who am I to turn down free money if someone wants to send it my way?

No comments: